Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 1, including Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 1's guided-missile destroyer USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG 108), and aircraft from Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 2, began routine operations in the South China Sea, Feb. 18.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Navy announced Friday that it is beginning a beta test of a new web portal designed to aggregate several personnel, training and education websites into one location.
An Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine assigned to Submarine Group 9 completed a Follow-on Commander's Evaluation Test (FCET) Feb. 16, resulting in four successful test flights of Trident II D5 missiles. Designated FCET-53, the operation spanned a three-day period.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony Officially Opens Naval Dosimetry Center's New Location
- CIWT Earns Highest Training Excellence Award
- NMCP Honors Black History Icons
- CORIVRON 8 Sailor Re-Ups with Honor
- PACFLT Master Chief Whitman Visits Commander, Task Force 76 Sailors
- NAVSUP GLS Hosts Enlisted Aide Regional Training
- From Robotics to Lasers: Young Investigators Bring Big Promise, Get Big Awards
- Preventive Medicine Unit Hosts Outbreak Investigation Workshop during CP-17
- Outstanding Galley Winners Named
- Fleet Logistics Center Singapore Helps Prepare Pacific Partnership 17 for Success
- Louisville Visits Subic Bay during Indo-Asia-Pacific Deployment
- Carderock's MAKE Lab Hosts Marine Corps Innovation Challenge Winners
- NAVSTA Mayport Named East Coast Base for MQ-4C Triton UAS
- NROTC Midshipmen Surface Warfare Officers Select First Ships
- Navy Shooting Team Announces 2017 Match Schedule